Saturday, July 2, 2011
Crock Pot Bavarian Pork Loin Roast
Here is how:
1. Cut 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-4 pounds) in half and place it in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl, combine:
- 1 14 oz. can Bavarian sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
3. Spoon the mixture over the roast. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
4. Add 2 cups of baby carrots and 3 large tart apples (sliced) to the slow cooker. Cover and cook 2 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
5. Remove the roast; let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the sauerkraut mixture.
Here is to healthy, easy and delicious family meals! xo