Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Grilled Raspberry Chicken Sandwiches
Here is how:
1. In a small saucepan combine:
- 1 cup sweet Thai chili sauce (Maggi brand is gluten free)
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. dijon mustard
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Set aside 1 cup for serving and remaining sauce for basting.
3. Take 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 oz. each) and cut in half widthwise; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. Seal bag and turn to coat.
4. Grill the chicken, uncovered, over direct medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink, basting frequently with raspberry sauce. Remove and keep warm.
5. Grill 12 buttered gluten free hamburger buns (I like Udi brand), uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned on one side. Make sure that you use a new stick of butter to prevent cross contamination. Place a piece of chicken, lettuce and reserved raspberry sauce on half of bread slices; top with remaining bread.
Note: I also topped mine with some grilled vidalia onions. Simply slice an onion and place in a foil packet with 1 Tbs. butter. Grill for 3 minutes over direct medium-high heat and flip the packet over for another 3 minutes.
Here is to healthy grilling with flavor! xo