Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Grilled Shrimp Sandwich with Basil Mayonnaise
Here is how:
1. Grill a 1/2 pound of shrimp over direct medium heat until opaque (about 5 minutes). Grill 4 slices of gluten free bread (I like Canyon Ranch and Udi) over indirect heat until toasted (about a minute on each side). Take off the grill and set aside.
2. Mix together:
- 1/2 cup of light mayonnaise (or a soy based mayo if casein free)
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh basil
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
3. Spread some of the basil mayo on each slice of bread and toss the shrimp with the rest of it (making sure the shrimp are well coated).
4. Next top the bread with fresh basil leaves (whole) and some of the shrimp.
Here is to easy weeknight meals with panache! xo