Sunday, July 17, 2011
Here is how:
1. In a non-stick skillet combine:
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chopped tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans (drained)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (minced)
- 2 Tbs. fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tsp. chili powder (make sure it is a blend with no gluten containing binders)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Warm 2 corn tortillas according to the package directions.
4. Break 2 eggs into 2 custard cups and slip the eggs from the custard cups into the tomato mixture. Cover and simmer for 7 minutes or until the eggs are done. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon.
5. Place the tortillas on individual plates; top with half of the tomato mixture and 1 egg. Sprinkle with low fat cheddar cheese, some chopped avocado and a dallop of light sour cream.
Here is to breakfast dishes with style and flavor! xo