Thursday, July 7, 2011
Santa Fe Chicken Hero
Here is how:
1. Pound 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts slightly to flatten them evenly. Brush both sides of the chicken breasts with vegetable oil.
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. chili powder (make sure it is a blend with no "binders" that contain gluten)
3. Sprinkle the spice mixture on both sides of the chicken breasts.
4. Grill the chicken over direct medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes. Turn and grill for 4-6 minutes longer or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink.
5. Top with some Pepperjack or Monterey Jack cheese. Brush 6 gluten free hamburger buns (Udi and Canyon Ranch are fabulous) with butter and grill them until toasted.
6. Spread mayonnaise on the buns and top them with:
- The chicken and cheese
- Caramelized onions
Here is to family meals to remember! xo