Friday, July 1, 2011
Seafood Risotto with Shrimp, Scallops, and Calamari
Here is how:
1. In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups of gluten free vegetable broth to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer; add 1 cup of white wine.
2. In a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat, heat 2 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil. Saute 2 onions (finely chopped) and 4 cloves of minced garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Add 1 1/3 cups Arborio rice; cook, stirring to coat.
3. Add 1 cup of the liquid and 2 tsp. dried Herbes de Provence; cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed. Add 1/2 cup of the remaining liquid; cook, stirring until the liquid is absorbed.
4. Add 3/4 pound calamari (cleaned) and another 1/2 cup of the liquid; cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed.
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
6. Add another 1/2 cup of the liquid; cook, stirring until the liquid is absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup of the remaining liquid; cook, stirring, until it is absorbed.
7. Bring the remaining 1 cup of liquid to a boil. Add the liquid to the rice mixture and stir in 1/2 pound of scallops and 1/2 pound of medium cooked shrimp. Cook, covered, until the liquid is absorbed and the seafood is cooked and heated through (5-7 minutes).
8. Remove from the heat and stir in 1/4 cup of grated Romano cheese and 2 Tbs. chopped fresh Italian parsley. Serve at once.
Here is to elegance and romance at home! xo