Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Spaghetti with Summer Squash and Tomatoes
Here is how:
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine:
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 summer squash, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 Tbs. dried oregano
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
3. Place the vegetable mixture onto a baking sheet and roast for 10 to 12 minutes, until the squash is tender. Place the vegetables into a large pasta bowl and keep warm.
4. Add 1 pound of gluten free spaghetti (I used Mrs. Leeper's corn spaghetti) and stir to separate the noodles. Cook according to the package directions until firm yet tender (al dente).
5. Drain the noodles and add them to the vegetables. Add a handful of chopped baby greens, 3/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese and some freshly ground black pepper. Taste for salt and serve with some more parmesan cheese.
Here is to summer pasta with style! xo