In order to maximize workouts, we need protein. Lean muscle mass is one of the biggest factors in metabolism and women especially need lean muscle as we age. This smoothie recipe is gluten free and can easily be adapted to casein free by using a different protein powder. This is an excellent recipe for an easy breakfast or midday snack. I hope you find it helpful.
Here is how:
1. Pour 4 oz. of water and 4 oz. of coconut milk into a blender.
2. Add 1 scoop of protein powder (I use Myoplex whey protein as it is gluten free)
3. Blend for about 15 seconds.
4. Add 1 cup of frozen tropical fruit (I used mango, papaya, pineapple and strawberries) and 1 Tbs. of honey (I used New Zealand Manuka honey for the healing properties).
5. Blend until smooth and garnish with a fresh mint sprig.