Saturday, August 27, 2011
Here is how:
1. In a small bowl, toss together:
- 1/2 California avocado (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 Plum tomato (seeded and diced)
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
2. In a second bowl, lightly beat 3 eggs.
3. Melt 1 Tbs. of butter in a non-stick omelet pan or skillet over medium heat. When the butter has melted, raise the heat up to medium-high and pour the eggs into the pan. Cook the eggs, without stirring, until the omelet starts to brown around the edges, (about 15 seconds). Then gently stir, gathering the mixture toward the center of the pan.
4. When the bottom is set but the top is still slightly wet, add the avocado mixture to the pan. Cook until the filling is heated through, (about 45 seconds). Slide the omelet onto a plate and top with freshly chopped chives.
Here is to breakfast with style! xo