Monday, August 1, 2011
Baked Chicken Breasts with Parmesan-Garlic Crust
Here is how:
1. Adjust oven rack to the upper-middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine in a bowl:
- 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs (I prefer Schar brand)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
3. Pat 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (trimmed) dry with paper towels and transfer to a 13 by 9 inch baking dish.
4. Combine 1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise and 1/4 cup fresh basil (minced) in a small bowl and spread evenly over the chicken.
5. Sprinkle the bread-crumb mixture over the mayonnaise, pressing lightly to adhere.
6. Bake until the crusts are golden brown and a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest past of the chicken registers 160 degrees. Bake for 18-22 minutes.
Here is to dinners with comfort and nutrition! xo