Wednesday, August 31, 2011
English Muffin Veggie Pizza
Here is how:
1. Toast 4 gluten free english muffins (halved) in a designated/ "gluten free" toaster.
2. Mix 2 Tbs. of tomato paste with 2 Tbs. of pesto and spread evenly over the muffin halves.
3. Heat 1 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the following until soft and starting to brown:
- 1/2 sweet onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 zucchini (thinly sliced)
4. Preheat the broiler to high. Divide the vegetables between the muffins and top with mozzarella cheese.
5. Cook under the broiler for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted and browned.
Here is to healthy, quick and easy meals! xo