Thursday, August 25, 2011
Mushroom and Bacon Pizza
Here is how:
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 cup of wild mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 sweet onion (sliced)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. salt
3. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms and onions are tender (about 12 minutes).
4. Add 1/4 cup dry white wine and simmer uncovered, until the liquid evaporates (about 3 minutes).
5. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme.
6. Place 2 gluten free pizza crusts, (I like Udi brand), and top with:
- the mushroom mixture
- 6 slices of bacon (crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
7. Bake the pizza according to the pizza crust directions.
Here is to delicious pizza made at home! xo