Monday, August 29, 2011
Savory Cornish Hens with Roasted Garlic
Here is how:
1. Rub 4 Cornish hens with:
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
2. Place the Cornish hens in a roasting pan with:
- 2 cups of fresh tomatoes (quartered)
- 4 shallots (minced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbs. dried basil
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 lemons (sliced)
- 2 Tbs. dried rosemary
3. Stuff the cavities of each Cornish hen with 2 more lemons (sliced) and place 4 whole garlic bulbs, (with a 1/2 inch cut off the top), in the roasting pan with the other vegetables.
4. Roast the Cornish hens for 1 hour at 375 degrees. The skins will be golden brown and the juices will run clear when they are done.
5. Serve the hens with some of the vegetables and broth spooned on top.
Here is to health, flavor and elegance! xo