Monday, August 22, 2011
Seared Tuna with Caper Butter and Pasta with Marinated Tomatoes
Here is how:
1. Rub 2 fresh Ahi tuna steaks with extra virgin olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. In a bowl combine:
- 2 Tbs. butter (at room temperature)
- 1 Tbs. capers
- 1 Tbs. bell pepper (finely diced)
3. Roll the mixture, on parchment paper, into a ball and refrigerate until firm.
4. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Sear the tuna for about 3 minutes on each side. The tuna should be browned on the outside and medium-rare on the inside.
5. For the pasta, combine:
- 1 large ripe tomato (seeded and chopped)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 clove of fresh garlic (finely minced)
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh dill (chopped)
- 1 Tbs. dried basil
6. Marinate the mixture for up to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Cook 1/2 pound of gluten free penne according to the package directions until al dente. Drain well and toss with the tomato mixture.
Here is to elegance and style at home! xo