Monday, August 8, 2011
Sesame Noodles with Shrimp
Here is how:
1. Cook 8 oz. of rice noodles according to the package directions; drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, combine:
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 Tbs. ketchup
- 2 Tbs. gluten free hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbs. gluten free tamari
- 2 Tbs. packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. dark sesame oil
3. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until well mixed. Remove from the heat and cool about 10 minutes.
4. Toss the noodles with the sauce and sprinkle with 2 chopped scallions.
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 pound sauteed shrimp
6. Toss to combine and serve.
Here is to "quick and easy" dinners with flavor! xo