Sunday, August 14, 2011
Here is how:
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the spaghetti.
2. Heat 2 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 8 slices of bacon (cut into strips and then crosswise) and 1 sweet onion (chopped) and cook for 7-8 minutes, until the onion is caramelized and the bacon is crisp.
3. Meanwhile, crack 3 eggs into a serving bowl. Add 5 Tbs. of cream and 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese and whisk. Add the bacon and onion into the bowl with the cooking fat.
4. By now the water should be boiling, so add 1 pound of gluten free spaghetti and cook it according to the package directions until al dente. Scoop out 1/4 cup of the pasta water and add it to the bowl with the bacon and eggs.
5. Drain the spaghetti, add it to the bowl, and toss it all together. Cover the serving bowl with a plate to hold in the heat and let the pasta set for 5 minutes.
6. Remove the plate, season with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and chopped fresh parsley. Give it another toss and serve.
Here is to rustic flavors! xo