Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Buttermilk BBQ Chicken
Here is how:
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together:
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 2 Tbs. fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2. Place 12 chicken drumsticks in a large Ziploc bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal it tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
3. Remove the drumsticks from the bag and discard the marinade. Lightly brush the drumsticks with canola oil and grill them over indirect medium heat until fully cooked, (about 40 minutes).
4. During the last 15 minutes, brush the chicken occasionally with BBQ sauce. Serve warm.
5. To make the BBQ sauce: heat 2 Tbs. of canola oil in a medium-size sauce pan.
6. Add to the pan and saute for 5 minutes.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
7. Stir in the following ingredients and simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, (10 minutes).
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup gluten free tamari
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. gluten free Worcestershire sauce
Here is to football! xo