"Top Ten Factors About Change"
1. Change takes courage: "The key to change...is to let go of fear". Roseanne Cash
"Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the known into the unknown".
2. Change requires some degree of hope: "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending". Maria Robinson
3. Change involves a process of grief and loss...sometimes to gain something, we must lose something first: "For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else". Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. Change requires making decisions:: "The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live". Flora Whittmore
5. Change is natural and an inevitable part of life: "Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become".
6. You will experience setbacks while trying to make a change: "Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts".
7. Change is never ending: "Change is the only constant".
8. Change is incredibly difficult: "Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in changing others".
9. Change involves insight, instinct and illumination: "Change starts when someone sees the next step"
"The first step towards change is awareness. The second step is acceptance".
10. Don't underestimate your capacity for change: "People underestimate their capacity for change. There is never the right time to do a difficult thing. A leader's job is to help people have vision for their potential".