Monday, September 5, 2011
Chicken, Avocado and Cheddar Melts
Here is how:
1. In a small bowl mix:
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 scallion (thinly sliced)
- 1 Tbs. fresh parsley (minced)
2. Set aside the dressing and toast 2 slices of gluten free bread.
3. Peel 1 ripe avocado, remove the pit, and slice each half lengthwise.
4. Top each slice of toast with gluten free deli chicken, (thinly sliced).
5. Spread half of the dressing over the chicken. Next, lay the avocado slices over the dressing and cover with the remaining dressing.
6. Top each sandwich with:
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Hungarian paprika
- Scallions (thinly sliced)
7. Broil the sandwiches 3 inches from the heat until the cheese melts, (about 2 minutes). Remove from the pan and serve right away.
Here is to new twists on sandwiches! xo