Sunday, September 4, 2011
Here is how:
1. Place 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2 inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
2. Combine in a shallow dish:
- 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3. Dredge each chicken breast in the following:
A. 1/3 cup gluten free "all purpose" flour
B. 2 large egg whites (beaten)
C. The breadcrumb mixture
4. Heat 2 tsp. of extra virgin olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 8 minutes on each side or until done.
5. Preheat broiler.
6. Place 8 oz. of cooked gluten free spaghetti in a lasagna dish. Spoon 3 cups of marinara over the spaghetti and top with the chicken breasts. Sprinkle part-skim mozzarella cheese over each chicken breast.
7. Broil the dish for5 3 minutes or until the cheese melts. Garnish with basil and serve.
Here is to delicious gluten free Italian cooking! xo