Saturday, September 10, 2011
Here is how:
1. In a large saucepan, melt 2 Tbs. of butter over medium-high heat.
- 1 cup sweet onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cups of fresh corn kernels
- 1 1/2 Tbs. fresh oregano (finely chopped)
3. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- 6 cups water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
5. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to medium. Add 2 Russet potatoes, (peeled and sliced). Cook, covered, until the potatoes are tender, (about 14 minutes).
6. Add: and cook for 5 minutes:
- 1 medium zucchini (sliced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (chopped)
7. Next add, 1 pound of firm white fish, (such as Red Snapper), cut into 1 inch pieces. Cook for 5 minutes until the fish is done.
8. Stir in 3/4 cup milk and adjust the seasonings to taste.
Here is to elegance at home! xo