Thursday, September 1, 2011
Laksa-Style Scallops with Sweet Chili Sauce
Here is how:
1. Wrap 8 scallops with 8 strips of bacon and secure them with a skewer. Bake the scallops at 400 degrees for approximately 10 minutes until the bacon is crisp and the scallops are opaque.
2. Cook 8 oz. of Thai rice noodles according to the package directions.
3. Drain the noodles and toss them with:
- 2 Tbs. fish sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbs. of fresh ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1 Tbs. sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. kaffir lime leaves
- 4 green onions (finely sliced)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
4. Place the noodle mixture in a bowl and top them with 1 (14 oz.) can of coconut milk.
5. Place the scallops on top and drizzle sweet Thai chili sauce over them.
Here is to creative and fun cooking! xo