Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Moroccan Lamb Stew
Here is how:
1. In bowl combine:
- 1/3 cup gluten free "all purpose" flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2. Add 1 lb. of lamb stew meat, (cut into 1 inch squares), and coat with the flour. Remove from the mixture.
3. In a Dutch oven, cook the meat in 2 Tbs. of hot canola oil for about 10 minutes, (until browned). Remove from the heat.
4. Stir in:
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (or 5 fresh tomatoes chopped)
- 1 cup water
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 2 (4 inch) strips orange peel
- 1 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Sriracha sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp. sugar
5. Simmer, covered, about 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
6. Add, 4 carrots (chopped), and cook until tender, (about 15 minutes).
7. Stir in 1 can of chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes more.
Here is to Autumn aromas and flavors! xo