Thursday, September 29, 2011
Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Mango Sambal
Here is how:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a bowl combine:
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
3. Rub a 1 pound pork tenderloin with the spice mixture and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
4. Place the tenderloin on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes or until the meat thermometer registers 160 degrees. Let stand for 5 minutes and cut into slices.
5. To prepare the sambal, combine (in a food processor):
- 1 mango (peeled and chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 serrano chili (seeded and chopped)
6. Serve the sambal with the pork.
Here is to sweet and spicy meals! xo