Saturday, September 3, 2011
Turkey Philly Sandwich
Here is how:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt 1 Tbs. of butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 1 cup sweet onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (thinly sliced) (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
4. Saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
5. Divide the onion mixture and 1/4 pound gluten free deli turkey,(thinly sliced), among the bottom halves of 4 gluten free sandwich rolls.
6. Top each sandwich with some shredded mozzarella cheese and cover them with the top halves of the rolls.
7. Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Here is to classics redone healthier! xo