Saturday, January 28, 2012
Activities for Small Children
The Walrus said,
"to talk of many things: Of shoes-
and ships- and
sealing wax- Of
- Lewis Carroll
I thought it would be fun to compile a list of some of my favorite activities for small children. I hope it inspires creativity and imagination to your day. Hope, love and peace. Namaste.
1. Read some classic poetry to your child..I love "There Was a Child Went Forth" by Walt Whitman.
2. Watch a classic movie like "Charlotte's Web".
3. Make homemade rice pudding with tea for an evening treat.
4. Bake some homemade cookies.
5. Listen to some classical music and have your child paint or draw while listening to it.
6. Blow some bubbles.
7. Bake homemade banana bread.
8. Make homemade play-dough and play with cookie cutters.
9. Get some music instruments for kids, put on some music and play "band".
10. Make paper airplanes.
11. Make some soothing homemade soup.
12. Have an indoor picnic on a blanket and toast marshmallows over a candle.
13. Plant some grass seed indoors and watch it grow for a reminder of Spring.
14. Make homemade pizza.
15. Have a puppet show.
16. Look at pictures with your child of when they were younger.
17. Make homemade cupcakes and let your child frost and decorate them.
18. Play "dress up" with vintage clothes.
19. Make "potato stamps" for an art project.
20. Have a dance party..put on some music and "jam".