Tuesday, February 28, 2012
A Top 10 List for Mental Health
Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance and order and rhythm and harmony. Thomas Merton
Finding balance in life is challenging to say the least. I find that it is a daily process of intentional practices that brings harmony, beauty and peace to life. Here are my "Top 10" essentials of mental health.
1. Believe as if you can attain your goals. Our thoughts manifest into actions which create change in our lives.
2. Gain clarity and reduce negative cognitions. Many times we are often our own worst enemy. Stop negating yourself and limiting your potential.
3. Let go of self-sabotaging habits. Replace them with ones that embrace your current goals.
4. Start using positive affirmations on a daily basis.
5. Tap into your sense of spirituality and surrender to God what you feel you cannot control.
6. Do not let guilt overshadow your successes. Also, beware of "energy vampires" that try to step in the way of your journey.
7. Understand that there is no such thing as failure. Each step in our lives is a chance to learn, grow and reach a new level.
8. Start to truly accept and love yourself. Only allow positive, loving thoughts to rule your head.
9. Practice daily gratitude. Mantra: "You are too blessed to be stressed".
10. Let go of anger and resentments. When we hold onto such negative emotions we are the one who gets burned.
Love and peace. Namaste.